FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has DHS done away with the rule about crossing cabins on US-bound int'l flights?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 4:08 pm
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by sbedelman
TSA called back. They said they have no idea if there is such a rule and they have no way to find out.

I'm not making this up.

They said to call DHS, which I did. DHS transferred me to TSA. When I hung up and called back (reminding them that I told them TSA had sent me to them so don't do that again) the operator dumped me on some poor guy in records who was as confused as I as to why he should know.

Next I tried the Communications Department of TSA figuring their job was to, well, communicate. They refused to talk to me or even give me a contact for someone that would.

Finally I called the local office of the TSA. They at least offered to try and see if there is such a rule and if so what it is.

Stay tuned.
Bolding mine: Falls right in there with some TSO's making up rules on the spot-Really makes me feel safe

Originally Posted by jtodd
He could make a Three Stooges episode out of normal procedures at the TSA/DHS. It appears all they do is make up new stupid rules, and then don't even bother to record or remember the rules they made up. Wait, that's what the employees do at the airports as well. I guess they do lead by example.
Please do not insult The Trinity (aka The Stooges) by referring to them and the TSA in the same sentence