FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Failed to Pass: Restore Post Count Credit for Omni
Old Jul 26, 2011, 9:54 am
Cholula
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
FWIW, here's my post in the private TB forum:

Originally Posted by Cholula
My rational for favoring restoring OMNI post count is in part due to the lounge threads which are numerous and 98% OMNI-like in their content IMO.

Also, both a member's post count and Evangelist status "ain't what it used to be" IMO. Randy ran enough contests in CBuzz! before he left that some folks were able to rack up over ten thousand posts in just a few weeks and those posts still stand.

The post-inflating barn door has been opened long enough and in enough places here on FT that I don't see that restoring post count in the OMNI's...the most popular forum on FT....is going to make a whole lot of difference in the scheme of things.

This is a motion that, while I favor it somewhat, is not a major issue for me. I rarely ever post in the OMNI's but I do make note of comments from the regulars there and this seems to be something that most favor.

So since I really don't care a lot one way or the other but am aware of a number of folks who favor it, my plans are to vote in favor of the motion.