FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Failed to Pass: Restore Post Count Credit for Omni
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:48 am
emma69
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think communities by their very nature have different interests, and OMNI reflects those interests other than flying. People who are travelling (or, on the flip side, wish they were travelling, instead of being at a desk) pass the time discussing, just as in real life, politics, religion, which is the most shagworth celeb going etc etc. Their views are no more or less valuable (or directly related to travel) than someone posting about, say, what to do with quinoa, the best apple variety, or how much food they cram down their gullets at a buffet (Dining Buzz front page today) or 'thick or thin' eyebrows, opinions on mineral make up, or which loo stall it is or is not ok to use (Women Travelers front page today).

People on this forum, by and large, travel. I think it helps to know what other views, contrary to ones own, exist, and whilst you may not agree with them, any or all of the time, I like to think it makes us realize the world is a pretty big place, and what is 'obvious' or 'normal' to us, isn't necessarily the case. If that doesn't help world travelers, what does?

I vote 'let the posts count', as I really don't see the boards as split as a 'relevant to travel' and 'not relevant to travel' division anyway - so if some do, they all should. I'd also be fine with removing posts counts all together.