FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Around the World Question
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2001, 9:54 pm
RichardMEL

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I think the only issue is getting something like this actually ticketed. And remember, a RTWSTAR[LITE/1/2/3) is a RW fare - so you could likely do as many LAX-SNA, DEN-COS r/t's you like, but you also have to go around the rest of the world

I was actually thinking of one of these tix in connection with a Baht run type of idea, except don't pay the baht. Just find some small route in Thailand and fly fly fly. Unfortunately the miles would add up, in which case a DEN-COS would seem ideal.

I think the biggest hurdle would be finding someone who would ticket it, and then being "noticed" - I mean someone who flies between two cities like that, specially in such a short period of time would *have* to attract attention - even if it is from the CSR's who will see the paper ticket. Only a drug courier or mileage run would attract that kind of usage (any other obvious uses?). Either way someone would get very interested in what you were up to! It could be you'd need an angel of an agent to ticket a RWSTAR* with a bunch of short hops like this - I know someone who would, but you can't have him! mine! mine! mine!

(can you imagine how many coupons the ticket would go? one for each segment, could could easily do 30-40 segments....)

------------------
UA 1K MEL