FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency O'Hare REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 24, 2011, 1:50 pm
xuni4everx

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I just stayed one night at this property and overall find it disappointing. I was given an executive wing room and of course access to the RC given my diamond status. The RC is not bad and food selection is decent. However I found the rooms to look very tired and the bathroom to remind me of motel 6 bathrooms 25 years ago!
The concierge was totally unhelpful. During the night there was a big thunderstorm with a heavy downpour. This flooded the parking lot and did disrupt the L traffic. I had gone online and saw some disruption announcement. Not knowing where the L was or how much time it takes to go from the hotel to downtown, I asked the concierge. He tried to call the Chicago transit and could not get through. He said that the train was probably not running and I was better off taking the shuttle to ORD and then the CO bus. I then told him I had seen a disruption notice online but had not read it and asked if he could look at what they said. He could not find the web site without my help and after seeing the notice of disruption said that he would not trust them anyway and I never got the info. I finally asked if I could get umbrellas and I was told no, with a look in his face that I read as: "Do you think I am a charity?"
Anyway, I went back to my room to read the disruption notice and get google directions to the train station. I should have skipped the concierge altogether... The train did operate up to the station next to the HR. The disruption only affected traffic between that station and O'Hare.

I am in no rush to stay at this property again. I will try the Hilton next time.
Didn't they just finished with their 60million dollars renovation? I have upcoming reservation at this property for 4 nights, can you give me more detail about their room/ bathroom?
I was checking through their website, and their room/bathroom looks very modern.