FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to flying Iberia
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2011, 10:15 am
yeki89

Originally Posted by Time traveller
There has been discussions further up in the thread about seating assignment for BA codeshare on IB.

I am curious if AA codeshare flights flying on IB metal can have pre-assigned seats. When I called AA, I was told they could make a request to IB, but they were not sure if it would go through. I was given a 5-digit record locator number on IB and then transferred to an IB phone The IB agent said they use a 6-digit record locator number, but can still look up the reservation using the 5-digit one provided by AA except they could not make any changes. The agent said she could not give me pre-assigned seats and seat assignment would have to be done at the counter upon check-in at MAD.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I wonder if the IB agent (TA or GA) in Miami can help prior to my TATL flight on AA before connecting on IB at MAD. The IB flight is a 3 hour flight, so I would like to get a comfortable seat, preferably an exit row seat, but it seems I am stuck for now.

I will see if it is worth it to connect at MAD vs. LHR for my future trips to Europe. I found the Velasquez Lounge to be fairly decent, though I don't know how the Dali or Goya lounge is like. I don't think the Velasquez lounge was on the same level as the BA First Lounges at LHR, but still not bad. It's probably not a fair comparison though since IB doesn't have a First Class lounge.

You need to ask aa for te Iberia reference#