FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the Best No Foreign Transaction Fee CC?
Old Jul 24, 2011, 8:25 am
lwildernorva

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
I have the Chase BA, and I'll use that for a trip to Scotland in August because of the lack of foreign transaction fees. I have to admit, however, that after deciding to pass on the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, another card with no forex fees, I'm reconsidering my decision based on the recent earning enhancement for travel and restaurant spending.

This card now earns 2 Ultimate Rewards points per dollar spent on those two categories and has a 7% annual bonus on UR points for all spending done during the year: effectively, you're earning 2.14 points per dollar spent on travel and restaurants. Given that the Ultimate Rewards program now has airlines that participate in all three major airline alliances (Korean, BA, and CO) and that Hyatt is a hotel partner, I think this card is attractive, even given that it has an annual fee.