FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Costco Kirland Signature Executive luggage question
Old Jul 22, 2011, 11:55 pm
COOLIO

I'm in the hand luggage never gets weighed camp and needed an overnight roller and was very happy to pick one up when saw them for sale at Thurrock in the UK. I had previously from Planet 21 and although a very similar sturdiness the zip tags all had broken. That's why I love Costco. You save so much in the long run due to their returns policy.

However, I also picked up a large one, I think 27". I have two roller duffel that must've done 30 odd transatlantic flights and a lot of miles on the road from one place to another. Still in A1 condition. It's a Samsonite brand that I haven't seen around since. Anyway, I love Costco so much I picked up this large case but it only held 75% of what the duffel holds AND it was 2.5 kg heavier. We travel VERY close to weight limits and this would just tip it over too many times so it went back. Also, the bright red duffels make retrieval from the carousel belt easy. Had my duffels been on their last legs and I was still Plat AA when bag weighing seemed alien at checkin, ai wouldn't have any qualms in picking up some of them.

At my local Costco they also had iirc 26" Mandarina Ducks for £95 Inc for an age but stopped a few months ago. Again v nice, but capacity wise, didn't cut it. Light though.