FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not so monthly Rapid Rewards Reports
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2011, 9:58 pm
Kayrjay

Originally Posted by ftnoob
Well the core thing to recognize is that if it ended up in your Gmail account, SWA did in fact send the Email. So the problem for those Emails, at least, is elsewhere.
Ah, but perhaps I was not clear. The RR reports were not ALL in my Gmail account! For example, since the beginning of the year ...
  • Jan: mine
  • Feb: mine
  • Mar: mine
  • Apr: wife
  • May: wife
  • June: mine
  • July: wife

There was only ONE RR report from WM each month, sometimes me, sometimes my wife. I do not have, for April, May or July, any RR for me, only those for my wife. (It does seem odd, does it not, that the problems started to appear around the time of RR 2.0?)

And I am no longer sure, but I believe I always received the same email in my me.com account. (I may have deleted them in me.com, and thus was confused when I didn't see them, but I had not deleted them from Gmail, so I could recover them from there).

[normalone posted something similar as I was writing the portion below]
As an exercise, have somebody send an Email to your Gmail account, with your Gmail address also included as a BCC: address. Notice that Gmail cleverly shows just a single copy of the original Email in your Inbox, and you probably cannot find the other copy in spam, trash, or anywhere else. I can't say what mac/me is doing, but they could be doing something similar and they could have bugs in their algorithm causing the problem you have experienced.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I did that (from a third account, sent mail to Gmail and BCCd Gmail). As you say, I have one copy of the note.

But I don't see how this shows anything about the situation here. Perhaps you are confused about what me.com is doing. The mail IS being sent to Gmail (and maybe, maybe not, I deleted it separately from me.com).

I guess it seems to me if there were something like what you guys are talking about there would be occasions when there would be none, one or two emails from RR. I never got the RR report for me for some months, and never got one for me and my wife for the same month.

Ok, I've probably taken more of everyone's time than needed. I appreciate all the comments and ideas. We'll see what happens going forward.