FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Mileage Plus Shopping Toolbar
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:51 pm
FullTimeFlyer

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Great White North
I noticed that the searches and miles tally has reappeared on my Mileage Plus Shopping toolbar today.
Me too. It even gave me credit for the occasional searches I did on it trying to wake it up (Mrs FTF too). Guess they fixed whatever was wrong (hey, it's only been 3 weeks!).

Now if they can fix all the rampant undercrediting...

Don't know why this one has been so extremely sucky...the other toolbars are the same underlying crap with denied credit for arbitrary and unpredictable reasons and all that, but they have always delivered the credits they said they would, at least for me.

FTF

Originally Posted by MyTravels
Fourth -> The incorrect search values show up on mileageplusshopping.com but not UAL.com

I don't think it's a good use of time to chase the other 250+ missing miles, but this is just horrible every step of the process.
Can't help with most of this, MyTravels, but as far as the fourth point, the search credits have "always" (meaning on the other airline programs) shown up on the mall account before they do on the airline account. I've never timed the interval, but I'd guess maybe 3 weeks before. So that (alone) is probably no problem.

Everyone's right to be frustrated, and I wouldn't tell anyone it's a good use of time since I have no idea what will work, but I'd still like to encourage everyone to file a complaint online about the missing miles.

As far as the missing miles for the purchase, BTW, I've frequently had to complain, but the complaint has always worked for me so far on uncredited purchases.

It shouldn't be this much trouble, and it's very reasonable to hate the incompetence, but it does usually work. I'm very, very guardedly optimistic we might see the missing miles fixed.

FTF

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 21, 2011 at 1:31 pm Reason: merge