FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Birthday Upgrade?
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2011, 4:15 am
Cathay Boy

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I wish you didn't complain about this...cos the birthday treat is an unofficial benefit for MPC members (Asiamiles members don't always count)... and its always only for the member.. and not for accompanying passengers too.

By you bringing this matter up with the ISM just because YOU didn't get it and decided to make noise ... well, that could end all future OP-UP's for the rest of us!
Yes, CX is looking into the matter alright.... looking into whether they should end the practice of birthday upgrades...

This is why I don't appreciate people fighting for goodwill gestures that CX never promised, but do it for the purpose of goodwill. But when a corporation realizes that everybody whines for it and even complains when they didn't get it (just because someone else gets it), yes, they usually end all unofficial benefits and stick to what's published, thus ruining it for all of us....

Come on guys, only complain about published benefits not delivered, but never unpublished! (This reminds me months ago at check-in a lady was fighting for op-up just because she saw many before her got it, and she demanded the same treatment and the reason was she is a DM like all the other op-up pax so she should get it too! She made quite the scene...)