FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Mileage Plus Shopping Toolbar
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:16 am
MyTravels

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
I believe they're all from the same place...malls operated by a company called Vesdia (possibly evil, more likely just incompetent) and the toolbars from a company called Freecause (incompetent). You can actually see the "freecause" come up on internet addresses during searches, or at least I can on IE. (No experience with other browsers.)
First -> Nothing posted to UAL & nothing showed credited on mileageplusshopping.com
Second -> Toolbar stopped showing miles earned (like many above)
Third -> Receive notice that 3 months of search is going to post, but all values less than half the actual earned amount.
Fourth -> The incorrect search values show up on mileageplusshopping.com but not UAL.com
Fifth -> Vesdia sends a notice the 250 miles signup bonus posted (after a second email regarding the bonus). The bonus posted UAL.com but the search miles still aren't there.
Sixth -> I have a purchase that isn't showing up on mileageplusshopping.com even though i clicked through and the toolbar showed "earning miles"

I don't think it's a good use of time to chase the other 250+ missing miles, but this is just horrible every step of the process.