FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Upsell Offers For Bus./First Seating (At Purchase, OLCI, or Gate) 2011 Edition.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 2:46 pm
LarkSFO

Originally Posted by 5khours
Finally the elusive double upgrade.

Booked W SEA to NRT. Hoping for an offer to A but was only getting offers for C in the old 777. Flight showing NC9. Finally gave up and used an SWU for a UG to old C. Asked at check- in for a paid UG to F, but was told it wasn't being offered. Checked at the gate. GA said the system wouldn't offer it to me but said she would override and do it anyway since the seats were available. Normally $654 but she said they had a special offer today for $608. Took it. First ever UG from NC. Wonder if they get a lot more takers at $608 rather than $654. $599 I get but $608????
I think you received a single upgrade twice (once with SWU, once with cash), rather than a double upgrade (which was a glitch that allowed an upgrade from Y to F for only the cash under certain conditions...)

However, you are in F for a reasonable (at least to you) amount of money, so that is all that matters.

Last edited by LarkSFO; Jul 19, 2011 at 3:46 pm