FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)
Old Jul 19, 2011, 1:34 pm
ExpatExp

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by JumboD
It actually makes a lot of sense (and this is as an Amex holder). They have to keep membership attractive in some way, and if Amex Plat had all the benefits of full membership, who'd ever purchase the latter?

Now, if you are talking about the attitudes of the staff (vs. the granting of benefits such as free wifi, entry even w/o same-day AA ticket, etc), that's a different story. I've never felt that I was treated poorly as an Amex Plat, though I've seen some "unwritten" benefits bestowed upon members.
Agreed. As discussed in a number of other threads, the primary benefits of AC membership for AmEx Platinum cardholders are the "intangibles". Since I've been helped out in a number of situations due to my AC membership (not due to my ability to access the AC as an AmEx Platinum cardholder), I keep paying my AC dues in addition to my AmEx fees.

If at some point it becomes crystal clear that this new Executive card gives an AC membership status that is identical to traditional paying members, such that the "intangibles" are identical, then I'd consider getting it. Paying a bit more per year to add on the Executive card benefits in addition to full AC membership wouldn't be bad in that case.