FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase MP Explorer Card (Q&A, Benefits, Bonuses, Discussion, ....)
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:42 am
golfingboy
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Quick question regarding upgrades on domestic reward flights for cardholders who are also elites...

Will we be able to enjoy this benefit on the domestic segments as part of an international award itinerary?

Let's say I am flying on an award ticket to FRA and will fly on UA LAX-ORD connecting to LH ORD-FRA, will I be able to upgrade on LAX-ORD? Or is this benefit strictly only for domestic award itineraries?

What about on a three cabin aircraft? If I am booked on a Business class award and I am flying on a three cabin aircraft from say LAX-IAD, will I be eligible to upgrade from Business to First just like a revenue ticket??

The only real long term downfall for US based flyers I see here is that we only earn 2 miles per $1 rather than 3 miles... But again, that helps keep the value of miles stronger and thank you for not going a la Delta where Skymiles are given away like M&M candies and have been diluted to being nearly worthless... Also thank you for not giving away free EQMs, which will help protect the elite pools and our benefits as elites.