FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Lost baggage /luggage delay, loss, damage - advice, etc. (pre-2018)
Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:03 pm
trueblu

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by spsawant
Anybody has any suggestions?
This may sound harsh -- but my suggestion is to have travel insurance for future trips (with regards to the baggage delay). This sort of thing happens a lot, and for baggage delay some airlines wash their hands of the whole thing (except for delivery of luggage at some random point in time). Decent insurance would have given you a reasonably generous allowance to buy essentials for the period between arrival and final delivery of your bags.

Re: the other points -- I would say that they are all minor issues except for the not seating your young daughter with one of the adults, which I think is a real no no. As a parent, I would have been livid if that were the case, and just because the original seats were scattered around doesn't mean the airline shouldn't move other pax to make sure one parent is near the young child (ideally one parent with each child if your other one is also young). By offering you the seats, they should also take care of safety related issues.

Irrops are just that. One can't expect the same itinerary for a re-route, and usually the alternative is a worse one, which is why one didn't book it in the first place. I can't see how you can say that it is a major problem that you arrived 5.5 hrs later than your original schedule. Given that the alternative was not to arrive at all! Having said that, it was generous of AA to reroute you on a non-OW carrier, in J at that! Doesn't usually happen.

tb