FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Arriving HND, departing NRT--where to stay?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 7:28 am
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by CHSDOC
What about just making our way to Narita and staying at the Hilton there and seeing the sights in Narita?
Wouldn't recommend this plan unless you don't really want to see anything. There aren't many sights to see in Narita at night.

I'd stay in Tokyo proper. Have dinner after you get settled in to the hotel and go to sleep. Wake up at 5am and go to Tsukiji. It is AWESOME. The tuna auctions themselves are now access-limited to ticket holders. Tickets can be acquired morning of at the office (there are signs at the subway exits nearest the market) but even if you miss that part the rest of the market is pretty amazing. I was there just last weekend and didn't get to the auctions this time but did enjoy the rest of my visit (click the photo for more).

After wandering the market for an hour grab a quick breakfast at the stalls surrounding the market and then head back to your hotel for a quick shower to freshen up and head for the airport, either via train or limo bus.

To get into town just take the subway. Cheap and easy and reliable. They have folks who speak English near the ticket machines in the arrivals hall who can help you with directions and which train to ride and such.