FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When will award seats be made available / when are awards released?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 8:30 am
jamienbaker

Originally Posted by dkerr
A further update after consulting with the kids...

1) Yes, but not much. As I expected my 9 year old visited my 12 year old in J a whole lot more than the other way round.

2) It sounds like they do come round with a meal service shortly after take off. But as I expected my 12 year old pretty much fell asleep immediately and slept for about half the flight. When she woke up hungry she just requested something to eat then and got some sort of noodle dish which she says was yummy.

My spoilt 9-year-old is now trying to negotiate her way back into F for the return journey... trying to persuade my 12 year old that she doesn't really need to be in F coming home and could they please swap. I'm having nothing to do with that... if the 12-year-old doesn't want F going home, then the wife gets it. Somehow my 9-year-old doesn't understand why that should be so.

DAK
Don't start on spoilt children. Both my kids are arguing to sit in F and have mom and dad behind them in J. As if! I have to explain, "you don't like caviar, you aren't allowed to drink...and your are 10 yrs old!" Good luck on your trip over to meet them, safe travels to the clan - Jamie