FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur {MYS}
Old Jul 15, 2011, 12:58 am
ProudPatriot

Programs: Hilton Gold
Update for July 2011

Update on Doubletree, Kuala Lumpur; July 10-17, 2011.

I purchased a one-week, non-refundable, GREAT GETAWAY package with deluxe room, which included breakfast. I'm very pleased, so far, and I'm in my fifth day.

I was upgraded, without asking, to a one-bedroom suite on the 26th Floor (not the Executive Floor). As usual (per HHONORS status), I have been provided access to the Executive Lounge.

I haven't tried breakfast in the Makan Kitchen (main kitchen on 11th Floor). I've taken my breakfast in the Executive Lounge, only. Why? For me, the breakfast in the Executive Lounge is perfect! It's reasonably quiet, there are plenty of items to choose from (but I'm certain it's far less selection than the main kitchen), and the service is very good! Also, the view is terrific, and the wireless connectivity is reliable.

I don't stay at a lot of 5-star hotels, so please consider this in my discussion.

This Doubletree has exceeded my expectations. The 1-bedroom suite (received as an upgrade) is fabulous! My only minor complaint is the relatively small size of the in-room refrigerator, and the lack of a microwave, which I believe, is common for 5-star properties to omit.

NOTE ABOUT ONGOING CONSTRUCTION: Next door, there's construction. As I'm typing this FT post, I'm looking out the 26th Floor, facing south, and the building next door is almost at my level. Most importantly, the noise level is very low. I barely hear anything. It's possible rooms on the lower floors may be exposed to more noise. If you intend to walk to the subway (Ampang Park) from the main entrance of the hotel, it's not much of a problem, but you will have to navigate through (sidestep around) a couple of construction barriers.

This Doubletree has an excellent fitness center (Precor cardio equipment), including elliptical trainers and reclining bike.