FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I screwed up w/PH Vendome... and if anyone could help me, Flyertalkers can!!
Old Jul 14, 2011, 3:30 pm
blase

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Another issue for me right now is that since I am currently a platinum, and still need 12 more stays, I'm banking a lot on being able to upgrade my London room to a suite once I requalify for Diamond status. Is there a minimum # of days in advance that I need to request this? I probably won't requalify til the end of August and I arrive in London on Sept. 14th.

Also, I'm mattress running for the status. :hide: So basically I'm spending about $70 a night at 12 nights to get breakfast and *maybe* an upgraded room. Some people would say I was crazy (most of my friends think I am), but i have my reasons. For one, I want to make this upcoming trip as nice for my mom as possible... who knows when/if we will be able to travel like this again. I know the free breakfast at PH Vendome and Regency Club access in London will make the trip more special for us, as well as whatever room upgrades we get. In addition, DH and I are planning on doing Hawaii next year and hopefully Australia in early 2013, for which the diamond status will come in handy.

So I don't mind spending the +/- $1000 I need to requalify, although with no promos or G bonuses now, it really sucks with no bonus points (I plan on getting the WN bonus with the next five stays; at least that's something!).

I tried earlier in the year to get a Diamond challenge, but they emailed me back and said I was ineligible as they matched my status back in 2009.