FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Flying to London on DL
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:02 am
wahooyou

Originally Posted by ecaarch
It looks like DL is utilizing both the standard 763ER and the ex-Gulf 763ER on this route depending on the date.

The standard configuration has lavatories in this area but the doors open to the cross aisle, not to the main aisle. (Meaning the door of one lavatory faces the front of the plane and the door of the other lavatory faces the rear of the plane with a cross aisle between them. The lavatory is generally not an issue for me and the area only gets really crowded between breakfast and landing. This configuration has two rows of window exits (20 & 21) and both have plenty of leg room, although the tray tables are in the armrests so the seats are slightly narrower.

The ex-Gulf configuration does not have lavatories in this area. It has a single exit row (20) so row 21 has standard coach seats.

With that info, look at the seat chart FOR YOUR ACTUAL DATE OF TRAVEL and choose which works best for you. But a final word of caution - in the case of mechanical issues, DL sometimes makes a last minute substitution of aircraft. In those instances, your exit row can turn into a non-exit row.
Thanks greatly. Looks like I am on the standard config. I bailed on row 21 the other day, but see a window at 20 is still available for tonight. Does that first exit row still have limited recline in Econ Comfort? This level of detail picking seats drives me nuts, BTW. Thanks again for your help.