FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - credit card charged twice....
View Single Post
Old Jul 12, 2011, 10:17 pm
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ColumbiaPete
You don't have to deal with the hotel at all. Just report it to your credit card issuer as an unauthorized charge. They'll deal with the merchant.
+1

Originally Posted by Keyser
as mentioned before, it is a credit card....the amount has been clearly charged twice, once on the 1st & then again on the 17th....the hotel has admitted that the card has been charged twice....its just the laid back casual attitude of the property that is causing me concern....

i have spoken to my bank about this....if i report it as a double charge then that means the merchant has my card details & as far as the bank is concerned they can use it again....they will therefore cancel the card & issue a new one....my card number will remain the same but the expiry date & cvv code will change....it is the policy of the bank....
OP, not sure why your bank is giving you the run around, perhaps call another agent?

I've disputed charges (this is a dispute, not a fraud case) many times on over 4 cards with 3 different banks, all just simply open a dispute file, refund my money, and no other changes to my account.