FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Re-organise of Airline Forums
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2011, 2:04 pm
Prospero
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Who is really served by approaching the structure in this way?
This is a very good question - pretty fundamental too. Returning to first principles and I can only describe my own usage which happens to fall into two primary but overlapping purposes:
  • Airline related - researching specific product, service standards, airport facilities and the general musing surrounding the airline
  • FFP related - comprehension, developing travel plans, harvesting mileage earn/burn opportunities, and tapping specific FPP promotions.

So on reflection, flipping the hierarchy from FFP to airline headlines works equally well, if not better. I do accept your example which leads to prioritising the airline name as the title header as this is what draws the member to the golden info about airlines they are less familiar with.

What I like about the grouping airlines into their respective alliances is that it reinforces FT's raison d'etre and perhaps better reflects its usage or at least my usage.