FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No longer accepting Koru Club guest passes
Old Jul 8, 2011, 4:20 pm
skyglow1

Programs: Air NZ Airpoints
Originally Posted by brenrox
Not a short, blonde and kinda sticky lady was it....I asked her a few weeks ago and 3 minutes later after flicking through her bits of paper she couldn't give me a definative answer; wasn't till she asked her colleague. I would ask an attendant again today, but I'm not convinced I'd get a definative answer.
Nope it wasn't. She seemed pretty on to it and wanted to make sure she had her facts straight with the new changes. Beats me

Originally Posted by stephenp
I see this change to dispense with the guest passes as a revenue gathering exercise. As a Koru member I could take three guests into the Auckland domestic lounge (providing I had guest passes of course.) Now I can take one guest for free. If I wanted to take the other two guests that would be no problem - just pay some money at the door. That fee is currently $25 per person. That's an extra $50 into the coffers of Air NZ. 'Nice little earner' to quote a television character.

As for children in the Koru. I am childless and I don't mind children in the lounges. I have never had an occasion yet when a child was unruly or out of control. I imagine the child/children have been read the riot act prior to accessing the lounge and are told not to treat the area like certain hamburger establishments.
Except that Koru members were only supposed to be allowed the use of one guest pass at any one time.