FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The A380 economy experience-post it here.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 1:21 pm
mcdade

Programs: LH Miles&More FTL, AB TopBonus Gold
I am surprised no one has mentioned this yet but the A380's are super quiet. I have flown the NRT in Y a few times and I stopped using my noise cancelling headphones on the A380 when I'm sleeping or not watching a movie. It was really strange getting my connection after the A380 the first time and thinking there is something wrong with the plane (think it was an A320) cause it was so loud in the cabin. As I also recall they have a USB jack under the armrest and a network jack (RJ45) but I couldn't find anything on the network when I tried it. The cabin is super open feeling and on top of that you forget that there is a whole floor above you with F and C pax. They do a sort of curved interior so you feel like a normal plane. Lastly, if you are at a window seat then the window and wall is sort of far away from the seat, so it makes it weird to sleep against the wall/window area.

Last flight back from Tokyo, it was so empty that I had my 3 seats at the window but also did the full bed with 4 seats in the middle of the plane and slept most of the way back.