FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Meat lasagna: with or without spinach?
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2011, 8:49 am
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Analise
You're thinking of telling your husband he's 'incorrect' because people in FT say so?

Unless you're a native Italian cook who has learned from generations of lasagna makers before you, add some spinach next time.

And if you are that native Italian cook I mention above, add some spinach next time.

It's the little things that can make a husband happy. Then he'll do some nice things for you!
Actually, I told him he was wrong because one of my coworkers who is Italian said he's wrong.

He does nice things for me without me having to do things like include spinach in meat lasagna.
Originally Posted by Jenbel
this might or might not work depending how clued in he is on food - just tell him you put some in. I'm not sure adding spinach would be noticeable tastewise.

Or alternatively, suggest that if he wants to control what goes into the food, then he makes it himself... you don't put spinach in your lasagne recipe, but you'd be very happy to taste his take on the same dish
LOL, he insists it would give it a different taste (contrasting flavors or some such is what he said).

Suggesting that he cook lasagna with spinach if he wants it would only be opening myself up to food poisoning, or some sort of disaster in the kitchen.

I do think the solution here, since I'm not going to win when he grew up with spinach in meat lasagna, is to make half with spinach and half without.