FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The A380 economy experience-post it here.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 6:26 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
I was always wondering about the A gates in Frankfurt. (sorry, I am not very good at Frankfurt since I avoid whenever possible) Somewhere I read that Terminal 1A will have four A380 gates as well. Are they yet under construction (that extension replacing the FCT at some point) or are these gates of the latest extension that was opened last?year?

I assume those gates are not ready yet, North American departues (SFO,MIA, JFK) would make sense to send out of 1A like the rest...
I'm actually fascinated by FRA! When Pier A-Plus opens there will be four positions for the A380 and three for the A340-600. Each A380 position will have three jetbridges and each A340-600 position will have two jetbridges. Two smaller (e.g. A321) aircraft can also dock at each of the A380 position (so a maximum of 11 aircraft in all) and there will be three positions for remote parking.

Pier A-Plus will have four levels. Level 2 will be Schengen and levels 3 & 4 for non-Schengen (departure and arrival). The current Pier A also has two levels but it cannot handle the A380 because Schengen and non-Schengen passengers cannot mix.

Pier A-Plus is supposed to open some time during 2012. More information available here.