FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The A380 economy experience-post it here.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 1:54 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Heidelberg Barbie
I had done a bit more research on the Miami airport as to how they will handle this aircraft. The craft will 'dock' at the "J" terminal as all other LH craft are currently doing however I do not believe boarding will be through 2 doors. Also,boarding to the upper deck ... the terminal area of "J" uses a set of stairs to go down to the jetway so in my imagination I am thinking there has been installed a level for that deck? Hopefully someone with MIA experience will post.
I'd be very surprised if LH decided to start a regular service of the A380 to an airport without the facility for passengers to board/deboard on two levels. Someone pointed out earlier the importance of allowing passengers to access seats in all classes without having to use stairs. LH could put F and C classes on the upper deck and Y on the lower deck because direct boarding would be possible on both decks.

Seating on the 747 was designed before these things were considered important.

The "J" terminal may be a long way away but so are the "C" gates in FRA!!