FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - f4free & airoli's First Class extravaganza - SQ/LH/KL/BA - Part I
Old May 2, 2003, 7:58 am
LH738

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airoli:
Anyway, our cabbie sped down the empty Autobahn and took us to the hotel in no time and for approx. 30 Euros. There is a complimentary shuttle bus, but it only starts running at 6am which would have had us waiting for 30 more minutes at the airport.</font>
The taxi is the best solution - also during the time the shuttle runs. The shuttle transfer is quite slow: the bus doesn't wait in front of the terminal. You have to call the hotel (from one of the free telephones), then you have to wait for the bus. If you have bad luck, the bus had left just after your arrival and so you have to wait untill the bus drives to the hotel, drops the guests, comes back in order to pick you up and then drives you to the Kempinski. You'll loose more than an hour until you are in the Kempinski! It's ok to take the shuttle if you stay the night there. It's much better to go by taxi and save some time if you have only a few hours to relax. The return on the shuttle is ok becuase the shuttle waits in front of the hotel.

Very interesting to read your comments about the LH and SQ flights. Great report. I'm looking forward to read f4free's part, too.

BTW, I fully agree about the Tiger Balm Gardens. Such a waste of time to see colourful hokum.