FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Expanded / additional MileSAAver award and upgrade availability for EXP
Old Jul 6, 2011, 9:17 pm
Microwave
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
Agent told me that if they inherited our status, then everyone on the list would be EXP. Makes sense.
Originally Posted by Alex_I
- unless a) lifetime PLT is using one of the 4 eVIPs received after crossing 2M or b) someone with lesser status received eVIP as a gift.
That presumes that the only instrument that can be used on international upgrades is a SWU; this is not the case. Miles+copay upgraders are interleaved with SWU users (sort of--due to a quirk of the PALL list, a Gold using miles is above a Platinum using SWU). Faulty logic on behalf of this agent--there's no reason international upgraders should not inherit status.

Originally Posted by brp
Since the list is (at least originally) ordered by a machine, it's not based on the knowledge of the GA. And I'm trusting that they're not reordering the list after the fact.
Since just about everything seems to be manual, I am under the impression that adding passengers to the PALL list for an international upgrade is not a quick button click. As such, I think it all comes down to how people are added to the list. Based on information gleaned from other informed sources outside FT, I'm inclined to believe that status should be inherited and these agents are doing it wrong. That's just me though--perhaps my faith is misplaced.