FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - southwest early bird boarding is a sham
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:25 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LMB01
I dropped elite status with US Airways for the simple fact that they allow families traveling with children under 5 to board before first class and their elite members. If that is where an airline wants to put their emphasis rather than on the folks that fly mulitple times a year then I will take my business elsewhere.
Really? You let something so trivial impact your decision of what airline to fly? Primadonna much?

How many times, as a US Gold, were you forced to check a carry-on bag because the entire plane was full of 5-year-olds who hogged the overhead bins?

I'd bet the answer is zero. And if your bag stays on the plane, who really cares about the order you get on? I've been 1K, EXP, US Gold, NW Gold, and a couple other shiny colors I can't remember. As long as you have basic low-tier status, the boarding order is irrelevant. Boarding order is only relevant when you're Zone 4 (or Southwest Zone C, or whatever).

I don't blame you for dumping US Airways. I did. But at least develop a less whiny reason for doing so.