FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Waldorf Astoria New York {US-NY}
Old Jul 5, 2011, 11:35 am
Herb687
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by MorganB
I've stayed about 5 times at the W=A as a Diamond and have always been offered all perks without asking , excluding room upgrades which I have always done via NOR 1 because I like getting suites and am willing to pay. Maybe it was an off day for the Diamond Desk when you went. They've always been very welcoming and helpful to me.
That jibes with my experiences as a Diamond at the W=A although my sample size is only two stays. I'm also 2/2 on suite upgrades (at check-in, not paid via NOR1). On my second trip the printers in the Diamond check-in room were down so they couldn't print out all the drink, breakfast, etc. vouchers right away but they were delivered to my room later once the printers came up without me having to call down and ask.

Originally Posted by Centurion
Does anyone feel your chance for a Diamond upgrade at the Waldor Astoria property is greater if it is a paid stay versus an award?
I don't. My two stays (one paid, one Q3FN award) both resulted in very nice suite upgrades. Was staying with my mom on the second trip and the Diamond check-in lady went out of her way to find us a suite with two beds. First trip was a biz trip and I think it might have been a career-limiting move when my non-status boss saw the size of my suite!