FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ID checker asking questions - name, destination etc.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 3:35 pm
exbayern

Originally Posted by castrobenes
In the end, you will probably travel. But as a TSM, I would feel uncertain and confused about whether I have the ability to screen someone who refuses to cooperate with the screening process. I would have to consult with senior leaders including TSA law enforcement. I would not want to make a misstep so this process would require consultation before we could allow you to proceed with the screening process. I have no idea how long this will take, and many will be concerned about your refusal to cooperate.

Just saying...

castro
And this reply shows how short-sighted some of the TSA policies can be. What about those people who don't understand what you are asking? What about (as has been said many times now) the hearing impaired, those who do not speak English, or those who do not understand regional, often heavy American accents?

They are not intentionally delaying the screening process - they have no idea what you are asking (or why). I have encountered this several times, and I can tell you that I have also heard the responses in various languages once people understand what is being asked of them, and once they experience the fashion in which several TDCs ask it of those who do not speak English.

Fly from IAD one day or LAS one day and see how those who do not speak American English as their primary language are treated by some TSOs. It really is shocking.