FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ID checker asking questions - name, destination etc.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 2:15 pm
castrobenes

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
(Bold is mine.)

I have at least three govt. issued photo ID's with me at any one time. Why does that not properly identify me? The TSA web site says that need only to produce a govt. issued ID and a valid BP. There are no additional requirements. Can the local TSA unilaterally add requirements outside SOP?

So the retaliation for an insult is a pat down of my family? Who determines the level of insult? Where is that in the SOP?
If you do something to arouse my suspicions, then I can't clear you to go any further unless I can resolve my concerns. If you won't cooperate to help me do that, then I can't complete the screening process. You have to go through the screening process in order to get to your flight.

Standard pat downs are part of the screening process. TSOs and management officials in charge of the checkpoint have the explicit authority to utilize all parts of the screening process whenever the situation dictates.

castro