FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - checking soft luggage + a cart?
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2011, 2:30 am
tfar

I think for 100lbs you need a Concord brand cart. And those things easily weigh 5-6 lbs themselves. Plus they are bulky. I'd just as soon get a porter at the destination.

Seriously, if this is not something you do weekly or at least monthly and you want to be able to haul large amounts (but nothing fragile) just get the biggest duffel (no wheels) that you can find. Then have a porter carry them.

If you want to transport fragile stuff you have three options IMHO. 1. Rimowa Topas 32" Multiwheeler. 2. Samsonite Silhouette 11 Hardcase four wheels. 3. Pelican Hardcase two wheels. These are in descending order of weight and price. Rimowa is the lightest and most expensive. And they are in ascending order of durability and protection.

One more thing. Soft duffels, especially big and heavy ones, really don't ride well on narrow hand carts. They sloop down on the sides and scrape over the floor.

Honestly, just getting either a cart at the airport or getting a porter will be better for that method.

But with one Sil 11 and a good duffel on top, you have much more versatility and can also transport 100lbs. I've done it with my Topas and a duffel. No problem at all. That is as long as I don't have to lift a 32kg suitcase.

Till