FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:28 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by chimmy826
The Mint has ALWAYS gone 10 days from the authorization date. Though they've stated it's ORDER date, it's really authorization date. It's never been a problem (until recently) because the coins have always been in stock (except for periods a long long time ago) so card authorization was immediate. If a coin is backordered, authorization does not occur until that coin comes back in stock and is ready to ship.

Today the NAs showed in stock. I used a card that has not had an authorization in the last 10 days and it was not authorized. Usually cards are always immediately authorized upon order (if the coin is in stock). So I'm wondering if others have had similar experience today?
Even with the backorder situation, I was placing coin orders ten days after the order date on backordered coins and they have gone through fine. I gues it won't be a big deal if the NA's stay in stock and they go by authorization date. If that's the case I'll just cancel this order in a couple days if it's still on hold and reorder.