FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is downgrade compensation offered when downgraded from First class to Business class?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:50 am
tylorcl

Programs: UA,DL,CZ
Originally Posted by soccerpapi
I am flying HKG to SIN on CX 739 which operates with a 74A aircraft. I am returning on the direct flight SIN - BKK - HKG CX 712 which also operates with a 74A aircraft.

I am traveling in First class using AA AAdvantage miles. Does anyone have experiences with aircraft changes on these flights? If so, is there compensation offered when a forced downgrade from First class to Business class occurs?

Any observations about the a/c downgrade scenerios when confirmed in First would be appreciated. I hope no aircraft changes occur on this itinerary, unless it aircraft change to a 77D or 77A and I could be confirmed in First. In that case, the aircraft change would be fine! Thank you.

soccer
I used LAN KM for PEK--HKG first class and was downgraded to business class due to the aircraft change. I asked for the compensation at PEK and after several rounds bargaining, the CX agent in PEK agreed to give me the fare difference in cash. I do not know how they calculate the difference, for one-way downgrade, I was given CNY1230.