FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta 744 business class
View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2011, 3:12 pm
bmh3s

Programs: DL PM; AA EXP
Originally Posted by globalharvester
Hello!

Can anyone give some advice about seats in business class on a Delta 744? I'm currently slated for the upper deck...in an exit row. Are these decent seats? I originally had seats 1 A/B...but read some posts that people like the upper deck for quiet, maybe a bit better service or more personalized, so I made the switch. I travel a lot internationally, but usually in economy. So I'm stoked we get in b/c! Thanks for any input!
I've been on 30+ 744 flights over the past few years. 1 A/B is unique for the the slightly forward view you get out of the windows (front windows are angled as the fuselage curves into the nose), but aside from that, I always go for 73 A/B as first choice (upper deck bulkhead with about 6 feet of leg room), then 10 A/B (on lower deck, but approximately 10 feet of leg room), then 77 A/B or J/K (upper deck exits rows, so plenty of room to get out when your seatmate is reclined, but flight attendants are seated facing you during take off and landing). Main downside to upperdeck is slightly smaller overhead bins. But FA will let you put larger bags in the upstairs closet. The window bins on the upperdeck make up for it--plenty of space to store miscellaneous items on longer flights. Enjoy your trip!