FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:35 am
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by mikeef
This could get interesting. What is the mail policy in a jail? How about banking? Seems like they keep pretty good track of stuff. Hmm...

Mike
silliest thing I have ever heard of in FT

One cannot go to jail or get in trouble for trying to deposit these coins or any of their money into the bank.

no way.

simply put: I have EVIDENCE of failed attempts to spend these things and so when I am left with extra coins, they have to go to the bank. So if my box of $1k comes to me and I have no luck in using the first say $250 to:

pay town taxes
pay the baby sitter
pay the pizza place
pay my local gas station
etc
because these people do not want to accept the coins...

and now I have say $200 of that box left (cuz I was able to get rid of some) and I still have the other 3 boxes of $750, there is NOTHING preventing me from just giving up and taking the whole lot of my own us currency into the bank. It woud be criminal for me TO be prevented. And sure, some banks may not wish to receive them but then I could go to another, or even use a coin machine (and when you are not an account holder at a bank that has one, there's a small fee). As well, if I were to pay a bill at that bank, such as its equity line or a CC I have there, they are more inclined to have to take the money.

this has all been hashed out in here one way or another