FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Hotel Florence, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:47 am
Fishbait

Originally Posted by m3m3m3
Any special Platinum benefits?

By any chance do you know how is parking? Thanks
We were given a fantastic room as Plat, and the staff was amazing. No breakfast offered, but we didn't really need it anyway - the butler service for coffee in the morning was perfect, just enough to get us up and out the door. We generally choose the "local gift" in European properties, and we were given a small bottle of Santo Spirito (the name is from memory, so could be incorrect) which was like a fortified wine - very nice but strong! We got requests from the general manager to meet with us, but our schedules never seemed to line up. We used free wireless internet on our large balcony (the BEST feature of the room! the other two were more walkout/standing balconies) and it worked very very well, but not sure if it was available inside the room.

Parking - didn't use it. But one evening, there was a dinner at the hotel for Alfa Romeo (salesmen?dealers?execs?) and they had lined up five or six Alfas just outside the hotel entrance in the square. They were only there for dinner, so I don't imagine that there would be parking permitted there overnight - we never saw any other cars there. I know there is valet parking available, and it is based on the size of the car and subject to availability - so I suspect they use street parking nearby. Your only other choice would be to find street parking yourself or perhaps park outside the city and take a cab in if you weren't needing the car during your stay.

Still waiting for hubby to download all the pics. Will try to get them done today and post a file to look at!

Robin