FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - southwest early bird boarding is a sham
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:38 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pinworm
If they sell EBCI they MUST 1: enforce boarding order and 2: Forbid seat saving. Otherwise you pay 10 dollars and get no benefit from it because A47 lines up with her hubby at A23, and you get to 11C and someone is "saving" those seats for their C group companion and the FA refuses to take a side on the matter.
+1. The seat-saving, especially the saving of desirable seats, should be forbidden. Since the FA's tend to station themselves near the exit row at boarding time, they should absolutely prevent this.

I don't think WN needs to go to seat assignments. As for premium cabins, if you'd asked me 2 years ago I would have said they are 100% firm on their overall business strategy of a single cabin and will never operate any kind of F/J product. Obviously I was wrong on that...but I don't think the existing WN (as opposed to formerly AirTran) planes need a premium cabin. I liked the old simplicity model...I'm just flying an hour, get me there fast...and I'm afraid they're already making it more complicated than their systems can actually handle.