FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - driving with a cast - legal?
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2011, 1:38 pm
oldpenny16
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Originally Posted by DeafFlyer
That's a good point. I did have to go through training. Actually, I didn't have to. I voluntarily sought training. I knew whether I could do it without training or not. I think it's pretty similar. Someone with a cast would have to honestly evaluate whether they could drive with it or seek out help(training, driver, etc...), or just don't drive. Whichever works best. The problem is that most seemingly can not self evaluate whether they can drive safely or not. If you've got a cast, you owe it to everyone to be honest about it.

However, even with training, I think that there will still be assumptions about fault due to use of hand controls. I doubt it would be different than with a cast.

I'm glad that you only look moderately awful.

Wait a sec! I meant that I'm glad things are improving.
I appreciate the humor.

Really!

I have learned a lot from your postings on FT and thank you for that.

The part of this whole injury thing that I was not prepared for is FATIGUE! Horrible fatigue that sets in when trying to do the most normal of things like work. Traveling has been very difficult as well.

No one can predict how much improvement I will get with the injured leg, but I do hope the fatigue situation improves.

In a recent photo I look old, tired and puffy. Will try to improve on all of those. The look on my face says exactly how I felt at the moment. Weary!

The whole process has been very educational. Perhaps I will get something out of it I can use in future.