FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Circle Pacific on oneworld: CGK-HKG-YVR-JFK-LAX-MEL-SYD-CGK
Old Jun 25, 2011, 7:58 am
quirrow

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
QF440 MEL-SYD in Business Pt. 2

During our descent into Sydney, it was a scenic view offering passengers on both sides of the window a chance to catch a glimpse of the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House at sunset. Somehow the scenery of Sydney and its surrounds just made up for the delay at Melbourne and it was kind of the highlight of this plane ride for me. The plane eventually landed at Sydney Kingsford Smith around 16:18 which makes a flight time just shy of 1 hour.

Sydney Olympic Park at the bottom left

Sydney and its Harbour in sunset

Virgin Blue 737-800 and Tiger Airways at Sydney

I did not head directly to the baggage claim area upon alighting as I got distracted by the nice Qantas domestic terminal in Sydney which also had a model of Qantas' first ever plane. By the time I went to claim my luggage, it was already on the carousel. The amazing weather, pleasant crew and adequate catering makes for another memorable flight on Qantas was more than adequate to compensate for the delay and really adds positive marks to the airline after my fabulous experience with them on the A380.

Qantas and the Sydney Skyline

Thank you for the ride to Sydney

Qantas Domestic Terminal at Sydney

Qantas' first plane