FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (FARE GONE) DL: DTW-HND &others $579 a/i 4.5cpm
Old Jun 24, 2011, 2:21 pm
Upperdeck744

Programs: United 1K; AA EXP; Delta Plat Medallion; Starwood Plat
Interesting experience last night at Haneda

So, I arrive at HND last night and go through customs and they see my form And Want me to verify how long I will be in Japan. I tell them one day and I will be staying at the airport. Customs agent smiles and looks at me with amusement and lets me through. Clear customs and as I am looking for the escalator to go to departures to try to print my boarding pass for the return 3 police officers come up to me and ask to see my passport. I ask them to see their credentials to make sure this was not some scam or something and after convinced they were legit, I hand them my passport. They ask me some questions about my stay, what I do for work, whether I speak Japanese etc. and then wish me a happy stay.  They were pretty nice the entire time. Worse part about doing a turn at HND is there are no transfer desk except for JAL and ANA so if doing a turn you have to enter the country and then go to departures to check in for your next flight.  At the lounge now.

Originally Posted by 2mg
I PM'd those you flying on the 26th. I've been here for the past 12 days, but didn't get a chance to experience the HND lounge upon arrival. Taking the EC seats home, but I'm wondering what it would take for the GA to move me to BE - probably not a warm smile.