FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:32 am
mshah

Originally Posted by hqly2001
Made an order, all NA and order status shows Your order request is on Hold but the Item Status shows In stock and Reserved. My credit card hasn't been charged yet or even authorized yet.

Since they are in stock, shouldn't the order status reflect processing? Or it would take a few days? If someone can let me know their status for the NA that would be great.
FAQ is your friend ..

What’s the process after I submit my order?

If the coins are not backordered, the order will usually hit your credit card as an authorization (but not a charge) within a day or
two. Also, usually within 3 days, the Order Status will go from “Your order request is on hold” to “In process” at The Mint’s website. When
the Order Status goes to “In Process”, you no longer have the option to cancel the order. At this point, it usually takes 2 or 3 days for
the coins to ship but can take much longer. All orders ≥ $500 are shipped UPS next day air, unless you are shipping to a Post Office
box, with the shipping charges waived.
Also if NA shows availability online does not necessarily means they have the coins. If you ordered today when there was small time frame NA showed up in stock then it is very likely that you hit the period when they went backordered but online showed "in stock". No authorization means one of the two things

- Coins are backordered
- CC info was incorrect.