FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:29 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by scwam
So it seems if one is to buy these then use them quickly. What more concerns me is if the driver for some crazy reason decides to leave the coins at the doorstep. There would be no CC dispute right anymore since the e-certs were used.
If that were to happen, I would think your claim would be with UPS, not the credit card company anyway. If you bought coins on your am ex and had that happened, UPS would be on the hook if the mint insured them and they didn't get a signature. When I have the larger coin orders sent to the office, a personthat doesn't even work for us (building guard) signs for them and they come UPS. when I get them at my PO box for the smaller orders they come priority mail and I am required to sign for them at the window. If the driver was to leave them at the doorstep and they got stolen, UPS or the insurance company woudl be on the hook.