FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA sent me another person's receipt or travel info / sent my info to wrong email
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:18 pm
ual1960

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM
I love the apologists who post on this forum. If you can't understand why this is a significant data breach than please don't clutter up this forum with your comments. OP is correct on every count, and the fact that each time a UA IT person sees this issue (and isn't able to know who else has) and calls, shows that the UA IT also understands this is a significant data breach. Thanks to OP for not letting this *minor* [loud laughter] breach go unnoticed.

Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
Although this information should not have been shown in your account, what harm was done by seeing someones' name and the last three digits and expiration date of the passport? This little bit of information is not a basis for identity theft. The date of birth is missing as well as other identifying data. There is no city listed -

I am not clear why you would ask United for an apology over this minor error.

I am also not clear why you would expect compensation over this error even though you classified the error as "potentially massive security breach involving my personal sensitive data" at the same time you have no knowledge that your name appeared in another passengers' account.

In the end, the situation is merely one more (of many) computer problems with United.com, not some "potentially massive security breach."
-