FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2011, 2:35 pm
iflyjetz

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by Innerloop
Priority Plus lounge access is just a network of existing clubs that exist in various airports under different brands. A big part of their network is made up from United, Continental (both of which are going away now with the merger), US Airlines, and a bunch of other regional brands. There are two levels of service, one of which gets you in with a small co-pay, and the other is free of charge. I believe both Amex Platinum and this card give the "Select" free-of-charge ones. Its a nice benefit because no one can maintain status or memberships in enough airlines to get lounges in as many locations as they have agreements, but its also completely redundant to the same benefit on Amex Plat. Not sure what a fair retail value for that benefit would be, $100?

One possible upside would be since Priority Pass lounges charge for a guest, having TWO membership cards would mean a second person could benefit for free.
The comparable Priority Pass is $395/yr. However, the Priority Pass Select will no longer have access to United and Continental lounges after Sep 30, 2011. Also, it looks like you've got access to just about every American lounge. Since my wife primarily flies American, this would be a nice benefit.

So the pass is worth $395/yr minus the loss of United/Continental lounges. Call it $200 value.
I'm really thinking that this would be great if I can get my wife as primary cardholder and me as secondary - if I get lounge access, that'd be huge. Otherwise, I would have to pay $27 to accompany my wife in a lounge.