FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAN ANTONIO HR vs GH
View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:41 pm
JIMCHI

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
I stayed at the GH about 3 weeks ago. I used a Diamond Suite Upgrade and was given a Hospitality Suite. This was a standard room connected to a very large living/dining area with additional full bath.

Had no problems with hot water, nor did friends who were staying in another room on a higher floor. The only problem I had was the room key kept getting de-activated. I thought the hotel had a good location at the tail end of a section of the Riverwalk. While it was quiet, there don't seem to be any rooms with views of the Riverwalk.

Stayed on an AAA breakfast rate and the breakfasts were delicious. Could choose anything on the menu. Hotel staff were great. Rooms Manager was out in the lobby introducing himself to arriving guests when I checked-in. Very personable fellow.

The Club was quite nice, but also lacked much of a view of anything. Wonderful staff there and very good offerings in the evening.

Walked by the HR a couple of times and also saw it from a distance. It is an older hotel and is not as attractive from the outside. I could see where noise from the Riverwalk could be a problem in some rooms. I had read some complaints about that on TripAdvisor as well as in reviews on this forum, so stayed at the GH instead. Location wise, the HR is right in the middle of things on the Riverwalk whereas the GH is about a simple 10 minute walk along the riverwalk.

Please ask if I can give any more information.