FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Prague Old Town {CZE}
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:00 am
GoingAway
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Stayed on Points, was assigned a junior suite which shows a bit of age, but was nice in size. Bed comfortable, room was fine.

- Check in was easy, friendly. The mgr stepped in to take the next person when it seemed a line was forming.
- Lounge staff was superb. They did more than the Hilton Prague folks in that they also would perform some concierge service, versus the Hilton Prague where they too were excellent, but mostly involved with the food service
- Lounge was okay, standard small lounge without the attached kitchen available. Offerings were diverse and plenty over the course of the day. Pretty much continual offering of some sort from 2 pm until closing.
- WiFi for me worked better in lounge than in my room (okay, just on/off dropping), there was also two public PCs available for use
- Beer avaialble in the self serve fridge, wine and hard liquor was put out later in the day
- They offered evian water ^
- Welcome amenity was large bottle of evian (^ better than wine for me), a fruit plate, a plate with some carpaccio type meat and a small nut/cracker mix of some sort.

- Turndown service was a debacle ... They only put two of each towel into the room. So the first night they picked up the used towels from the floor and hung them up, really kind of gross - no replacement/fresh towels. Second night (after complaint), they removed used towels but didn't replace them (left with one unused one). Third day (also after complaint) they left 4 towels of each type in the room after the morning service, and I didn't let turndown service back in the room until after check out
- I received a bottle of champagne as an apology with other goodies over the course of the stay.

The vibe in this hotel was so different from Hilton Prague. This is a smaller place, not as fresh or new. The concierge as well as the lounge staff were friendlier (really disliked the service I -didn't- get from the concierge at Hilton Prague), but you also get a lower overall quality in some ways. It's more old school, which was fine for me.

Location is at the cross roads of two different sets of trams/buses, as well as right next to the metro, so really just a superb location. Easy to get to just about anything.

Oh, and if visiting Prague definitely get a Thai Massage during your visit